Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall is Here!

It's no secret that Fall is my absolute favorite time of year.  I love the crisp, cool mornings; I love the bold Fall colors (burnt orange, crimson red, mustard yellow and all of the others associated with this time of year).  And I love the smells of the season -- apple, cinnamon, pumpkin, etc.  This is why Steve and I got married in the Fall ... I couldn't imagine a more beautiful time of year.

Even though the temperatures here have been hovering in the low 70s during the day, we have still been waking up to cooler mornings (in the 50s) and I love that.  My house is decked out with Fall decorations (with some Halloween ones interspersed) and I am excited to be able to leave all of the pretty decor out until after Thanksgiving.

With this time of year, we always bring a few pumpkins home with us every time we go to the orchard.  I have been going quite a bit these last few weeks for meetings, so the pumpkins are starting to pile up outside of our house.  The girls love it! 


 
The next picture just cracks me up.  It's as if he's thinking, "Ok, Mom.  Enough with the pictures already ..." 
 
Poor kid.  His sisters are just used to it already.



This girl is my serious one.  Always pensive and one to follow the rules.



And then there's Sophia.  Always laughing and joking.



This Halloween is going to be a fun one!  The kids have already chosen their costumes (Sophia's and Jack's are ready to go.  I need to finish putting Sam's together).  There's going to be a lot of pumpkin carving and trick-or-treating on our agendas!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...