Sunday, July 27, 2014

Jack's First Ice Cream Cone

Jack has had ice cream before; on his birthday, out to eat and from the ice cream shop in town.  But ... he has never experienced an ice cream cone before -- until last night. 

After dinner (and after we had picked up the house), I promised the kids that I had a surprise for them.  Ice cream cones!  To quote Sam: "Could this day get any better?!"  I had to agree.

I handed Jack his ice cream cone and he took a single lick of the cold ice cream ...



... And decided that he really liked this method.  It was like he had been having ice cream cones his whole life.  Seriously, he was a natural.


 
Yup, he was a fan.
 

 
 
Once he had eaten most of the ice cream, he kept putting the cone up to his mouth to get just a little bit more.
 



Eventually, I had to show him that he could actually EAT the cone.  He loved that.


 

Luckily, I timed this perfectly to run right into bath time.  My little man was stripped down and taken straight to the tub to wash away any last remaining tastes of chocolate. 

And the girls?  Well, they did a much better job of staying clean!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...