Sunday, August 30, 2015

Big Brother!

Yes, the excitement on Jack's face says it for all of us ... we will be welcoming a new little one into our family in early February.  Jack is going to be a big brother!
 


His big sisters totally understand that our family will be growing, and they are full of happiness over the news.  There isn't a day that goes by that they don't ask about the baby (how big it is, can I feel it moving, do I think that it has hair, etc.) and they never miss an opportunity to hug my growing belly and tell the baby that they love it already.



And as for Jack?  Well, he understands that there is a baby in momma's belly and that when it gets big enough, it will come out and come home to live with us.  He also knows that it is a baby brother!  It melts my heart every single time that I hear him say, "baby brother" and lift my shirt to give him a kiss.

With the other three kids, we chose to be surprised on the gender of each of them until they were born.  Really it was me that wanted that surprise and Steve went along with it.  (With Jack, Steve did have the option to find out and never opened the envelope!  When I went into labor two weeks before my scheduled c-section date, I was laying on the operating table when Steve looked at me and said ... "I never opened the envelope!).

But this time around, knowing that this will be our last little one, Steve announced that he wanted to find out the gender.  And, I agreed. 

So, we now know that we have a little boy on the way. 

Two girls and two boys.  Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...