Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Sophia's preschool class had another field trip today and this time, it was to a fairly local pumpkin patch.  I had decided early on that I would take Jack with us.  I knew that it would be something that he would thoroughly enjoy, and siblings were more than welcome to attend.  Yes, he was thrilled and talked about it nonstop this week, leading up to today.

Of course, the weather was not very favorable for this outside venture; that is, it took me nearly 30 minutes (the whole ride home) to thaw back out.  And that is saying quite a bit, considering that I have my own personal furnace baking inside me right now.  Yes, the wind was downright wicked and the temperature hovered at 40 degrees. 

The wagon ride was short and sweet.  Just enough for the preschoolers to say that they rode on one. 



And then, we hopped off so that the kids could each pick out their very own personal pumpkin from the patch. 




Jack was rather indecisive, but finally settled on one long enough for me to have his name written on the bottom.  Thus, he was not changing his mind again.  Ha!


 
All smiles despite the frigid temperature:



Eventually, we were able to congregate inside a small building so that the kids could have a snack -- freshly-popped popcorn and some apple juice.  And, a story too!



Even though the weather was hard on us, we made the best of it ... and I chuckled as I listened to my two little ones chatter in the back seat the whole way home about how fun it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...