Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Carving Pumpkins

While I was at work last night, the kids carved their pumpkins with the neighbors next door.  I had planned to do this tomorrow night (our only real "open" night of the week), but it was a great chance to spend time with their friends and check that Halloween task off of our list of things to do this week!

I can imagine that there was some chaos involved (six kids all scraping gooey guts out of their pumpkins), but it was a wonderful idea to do it outside.  Less mess and better clean up, I'm sure.



Clearly, Jack was not sure of this whole messy activity:



Over time, he must have warmed up to the idea a bit, while the girls are nearly experts by now.



That's my smiling girl -- how fitting that she would choose a "happy pumpkin" face to match her personality.



The five youngest kids, posing with their masterpieces:



And kudos to the photographer (Steve), who knew that I would want to have that special night documented with pictures.  He knows me so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...