Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas Parties

Both of the girls had Christmas parties on Friday ... in the morning.  Samantha's party started at 9:00 am and Sophia's began at 10:00 am.  So, I left Jack with Steve and headed out to Samantha's party first ... taking fruit cups for the "breakfast-themed/pajama" event. 



Upon arriving (and parking soooooo far away), I realized that I somehow left my camera at home.  I put in a quick call to Steve, who promised me that he would come to the rescue!

Steve showed up in no time, with Jack in tow, and Jack settled right in.  There was so much food that I fixed Jack a plate and let him hang out with the 'big kids' for a while.  He was a perfect angel.



At 9:45 am, I gathered my things and prepared to head to Sophia's school.  Samantha started to cry -- so weird for her -- but I realized that for most of her other parties, I was able to stay for the full duration and then take her home with me.  With this party being in the morning, she still had a lot more partying (with a little schoolwork thrown in there) to do.  I was able to get her calmed down and then snuck out the door when she was distracted with several of her friends.



********************

For Sophia's party, I made some white chocolate-covered snowman oreos and graham cracker reindeer.  The kids loved them!



I also volunteered to be in charge of the Reindeer Food.  Such a fun (and easy!) activity for kids.  I already had everything at home, with the exception of some little bags to put it in, so it was not a problem at all.



The kids played a fun game of Snowman, Snowman, Where Is Your Nose ...



And Pin the Hat on the Polar Bear:



They also made an easy snowflake craft:



Afterwards, Sophia was able to come home with me and we all rested while we waited for Samantha to arrive home on the bus from school.  When she came in the house, she was ecstatic to tell us all about her day ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...