Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Sophia's First Hair "Trim"

It's been more than five years; more than five years and Sophia had never had her hair trimmed.  That page in her baby book remains blank still, you know, the one for "Baby's First Haircut."  In fact, it has only been in the last six months or so that her hair has really starting filling in and getting fuller on the top. 

The thing is, her hair is just really curly.  Much like mine was when I was little.  The ringlets simply bounce back up after her shower and are finally beginning to have some volume and length to them.  With that, I started noticing that the ends were dry and almost "straw-like" lately, just begging for a little trim. 

So, one night after her shower, I asked her if she wanted me to trim her hair.  Oh did she ever.  She's been waiting for this day for ... well, her whole life now.  I grabbed the scissors, she grabbed her 1st Curl Box, and Steve grabbed the camera.  And just like that, Sophia received her first official trim. 

These pictures WILL be going in her baby book.




Notice the small pile of curls on the counter, waiting to go in her curl box.



All in all, I didn't take off much; just enough to round it out a bit and smooth the ends.

 
 
Everywhere we go, people always comment on her hair -- how beautiful the curls are.  She has never been self-conscious of it all (even though both Samantha and I have much longer curls than her) because she has always had extra embellishments in it, like headbands, bows and barrettes. 
 
My little blue-eyed, curly-haired girl ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...