Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween 2016

I knew that Halloween would be a busy day right from the start for me, so I spent the weekend preparing ... laying out costumes, putting together crafts, making snacks/treats for the school parties and checking item after item off my long list.  Thank goodness I am an organizing queen!

The day began with school drop-offs for the girls; I went into Sophia's school to get her ready for her early-morning parade and party while Steve took the boys with him to drop Samantha off at her school (her costume parade and party were not until the afternoon). 



Then, we met back up at Sophia's school to walk over to the middle school to watch the kindergarteners parade through.  Jack was SO excited to see his sister in the parade!



Steve took the boys back home for a short while so that I could help out in Sophia's classroom with the party -- food, games and crafts.



When the boys came back to pick me up, Jack was all smiles while he waited patiently for me to help with the clean-up:



********************

At 12:30 pm, I headed up to Samantha's school to help her get into her costume before the parade.



Steve drove separately with the boys (are you sensing a theme here?) so that they would be able to leave after the parade.  After all, it would be pushing naptime for them and we still had LOTS of festivities planned before the day was over.  If the truth be told, I could have used a little nap at this point!

We waited in costume for the parade to start:



Jack found a police car and insisted that I take his picture by it:



A quick picture after the parade of the cutest Cleopatra that I have ever seen:



Relay races in the gym:



Assembling the craft project that I brought for the kids -- mason jars with glow-in-the-dark paint inside, covered with Halloween stickers to take home and use in the bedrooms at night:



********************

After her party was over, Samantha quickly changed out of her clothes and we raced over to Sophia's school to pick her up and then head home.  We had less than one hour before our guests (my family, Steve's dad and friends of ours) would be arriving for dinner followed by trick-or-treating.

We dined on spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, bread rolls and lots of dessert before we all got in costume AGAIN:



Uncle Z, posing with him nieces and nephews:



Some of the kids, anxious and ready to GO:



Trick-or-treating started at 6 pm.  By about 7:15, the kids were beginning to get cold and tired, so we headed back home to check out their loot and begin getting ready for bed.  Jack was very interested in organizing his candies (hmmmmm ... he takes after his momma when it comes to organization, I guess) and it was a struggle to get him to part with it long enough to get into his new Halloween PJs from Grammy and Papa. 



By 8:15 pm. the goblins were all tucked into bed and soon fell fast asleep.  So much excitement and so many memories were made once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...