Friday, November 4, 2016

James is Nine Months Old


James is nine months old today ... on Steve and my 10-year wedding anniversary.  I don't think that ten years ago, as we walked down the aisle of the church, newly-married and ready to start a life together that we ever imagined that we would have such a beautiful family.  Two girls and two boys -- I often refer to them as my "perfect split."  Each of us finds ourselves smiling when we look at them, how different they are from one another and how rich and full our lives are now because of them.

 I could easily call this month the "month of toys."  James has discovered his toys now and enjoys holding them, shaking them and sometimes throwing them.  He will easily play by himself for at least 15 minutes, sometimes more, as long as all of his other basic needs have been met and he is content..



He especially loves playing with others though and it doesn't take much coaxing for the girls or Jack to get down on the floor to play with him.



Jimmy is quick to share his toys and quick to smile for me whenever I call his name for attention.  He responds equally to "James" or "Jimmy."  (And I'm pretty sure that he responds to "Cuteness," the name that Sam has fondly dubbed for him).



This plastic basket has become the best thing ever.  I switch out the toys on a regular basis and can easily carry it from one room to the next.  James reaches, he stretches, he takes the toys out, he puts them back in.  I love it.


His back muscles have been getting a full work-out lately.  And it is hilarious to hear him grunting while he works hard to reach a toy of interest.



Those blue eyes get me every single time.



With the colder weather moving in, we have pulled out a warm hat (size 2T as his head circumference, like Jack's, is off the charts.  Literally.) 



Hat, check.  Mittens, check.  Dad, check

I haven't decided who he prefers more right now.  Yes, he loves me because I still provide his milk for him, but he loves his dad too.  He reaches for Steve whenever he comes in the door and sits with him during football games on the TV.  He also easily takes a bottle from him on the nights that I teach and lets Steve settle him in for bed with absolutely no issues.



We ended the month with another first holiday -- his first Halloween.  He seemed to have a great time and stayed very warm in the tiger costume that Jack also wore for his first Halloween three years ago.  I certainly got my money's worth on that purchase ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...