Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thanksgiving Projects

I love decorating for the various holidays of the year.  Obviously, Christmas and Halloween are the biggest ones, but we always have more understated decorations up for the other celebrations of the year -- clings for the windows, kitchen towels and smaller knick-knacks spread throughout the house. 

Fall is my favorite time of the year ... it always has been and probably always will be.  I love the blend of colors -- orange, yellow and red and the crispness of the Fall air.  I love going out to the orchard and bringing home lots of apples and cider for the kids. 

With that being said, it is only natural that the house be decked out in the same way.  The decorations come out the first week in September and last through Thanksgiving.  After Halloween, I tuck some turkeys in and move things around a bit.  And I especially love putting up any projects that the kids have made.

The pumpkin and copper owl were both designed by Samantha in her after-school art class.  She also made the pilgrim turkey at school.

The Fall tree with cut up "leaves" was made by Sophia.  It's so simple, but so beautiful. 

I free-hand drew the turkey in the upper, middle panel one afternoon while I was waiting for the girls to get off the bus.  (I typically leave notes/lists for Steve on the nights that I work and I often embellish them with pictures.  The girls loved it so much, that we cut it off and displayed it in one of the artwork sections of our house).



Finally, the lunch sack turkey was made by Jack in his preschool class.  He listed the things that he was thankful for and I can't help but smile every time I look at it.  The last one was my favorite:  He is thankful for Daddy's chainsaws and his chainsaws.  Yes, that is my boy.


More artwork and cards on our door leading out to the back deck.  Jack kept referring to the gobbler on his turkey as a "moustache."  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...