Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Mother's Day 2018


Steve asked me what my requests were for Mother's Day this year and they were pretty simple: I wanted to get a picture of the kids and me (as usual), go out for lunch and then make a trip with the girls to the local greenhouse.  

Anything else that worked out would be a bonus.  We started our day with pancakes at home for breakfast and then headed out onto the deck for the picture.  The tree was in bloom (and smelled AMAZING) and we were able to capture a photo of everyone looking at the camera.  Yes!  I also received a bottle of my favorite wine and a photo album with pictures that Steve had secretly taken off the computer and printed.  (The girls were in charge of arranging them in the album).

I tidied up the house inside while the boys worked outside with Steve and then we headed to lunch at Relli's.  This has been my choice for three years now, but I have decided that we will go somewhere different next year.  They recently added a Sunday buffet and it was overly-packed and understaffed and somewhat disappointing.  (This has been my Mother's Day "go to" because it is usually not crowded, it's casual and the Sunday meal specials for the kids cannot be ignored).  I have a whole year to decide what my restaurant choice will be now.

For Mother's Day, Jack worked on this questionnaire and I laughed the whole ride home from his school.  It's HIM that is a big fan of pizza ... and the last question was definitely my favorite.




I decided to go ahead and ask the girls the same questions to see if they knew me any better.  Their answers are as follows:

Samantha:
  
How does mommy make you laugh?  She tickles me

How old is mommy?  37

What was mommy like as a little kid?  the oldest

What is mommy's favorite food?  spaghetti

What is mommy really good at?  everything

What do you and mommy do together?  do chalk

How do you know mommy loves you?  because she says so

Your mommy is smart because she knows ...  a lot

What does your mommy always say?  "Great Jehosaphat!"

If your mommy could go anywhere, where would she go?  the library


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophia:
  
How does mommy make you laugh?  She tickles me

How old is mommy?  38

What was mommy like as a little kid?  cute!

What is mommy's favorite food?  spaghetti

What is mommy really good at?  drawing

What do you and mommy do together?  make dinner together

How do you know mommy loves you?  she's nice to me

Your mommy is smart because she knows ...  math

What does your mommy always say?  "I love you"

If your mommy could go anywhere, where would she go?  Florida


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My thoughts on their answers: I am actually 38, but I like Sam's answer the best.  My favorite food is spaghetti, but I think that Jack chose tacos because I make those often.  All of the kids like tacos, which is why it is in the rotation for family meals.  I don't play in the sandbox very often (Jack's answer), but the girls were spot-on; I do quite a bit of chalk drawings with them and Sophia often cooks dinner with me.  As far as where I would go if I could choose anywhere, I would like to go to Nashville one day, but Samantha's answer was pretty good ... the library is a favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...