Sunday, May 13, 2018

Weekend Randoms

I realized that there are several random pictures from the last few months that never made it here; life has been moving fast lately and the kids are growing quicker than I would like.  Just looking back over the last couple of months, I can see changes in them already.  Samantha is getting taller by the second (where did those long legs come from?); Sophia's hair is getting longer and longer; Jack is becoming both leaner and more muscular; and Jimmy is a complete toddler now.

Jimmy gets bathed every night.  He loves his baths, but now he takes a shower too.  Sometimes it is quicker to have both boys shower together and they love it.  And Jimmy's blue eyes just slay me.  I love them.



********************

St. Patrick's Day and a random picture of Steve and me together.  I am usually behind the lens, but asked my mom (who was in town) to take a quick picture of us together.



********************

Sophia was invited to a friend's birthday party where they were able to go to an art studio and paint a clay figurine.  She chose a unicorn (of course!) and she came home from school with it a couple of weeks later.  It's a bank and is up on the highest shelf in her room (because ... Jimmy!) and she loves it.  The design fits her personality perfectly.  I mean, honestly, it almost matches her outfit that day.




********************

Steve started to cut down a tree in our back woods one afternoon and it brought another one down with it.  It hit the playscape in our back yard and narrowly missed our back deck.  I shook my head in disbelief ... and then the kids ended up spending weeks playing on that tree.



It has been getting cut up slowly but surely, but at any given time, I can find the kids and their friends out there playing on it.

Enjoying a moment of sunshine:



Art time while sitting on the tree:



Jack, in all of his camouflaged glory:



********************

Jimmy received these Spiderman shoes for his birthday and has already logged many miles on them.  My boys are HARD on their shoes.



********************

Samantha had a friend over one afternoon and I always like to do a little craft project whenever I can.  I had these plastic containers in my craft closet and the girls used glue and white sparkles and a few other odds and ends to turn them into bunny candy containers.  I even had candy on hand for the kids to add to them.



********************

They boys eat lunch at home every day with me and I surprised them one afternoon by bringing this table and chairs in from the garage.  Somehow, lunch tastes better when you get to sit at a private table.  And yes, these days Jimmy likes to have two sippy cups with him -- one with milk and the other with water.



********************

Jack has learned so much in his second year of preschool this year.  He is more than ready for kindergarten this Fall, but I plan to make sure that he continues practicing and learning this summer.  His favorite activity right now is "dot-to-dot" books.



********************

Don't let his precious and innocent smile fool you ... this boy challenges me every single day but I try to stay at least a half-step ahead of him.  Sometimes I manage to do that and other days, I clean up more messes than I care to.  At the end of day, this smile still melts me.



********************

We had a little "Cinco de Mayo" party to attend in the neighborhood and I decorated some cupcakes to take with us.  They were a hit!



********************

Working on a Mother's Day card for Grammy.  Eventually, all of the kids made cards (and they turned out so adorable), but I broke them up into groups.  It's easier to work on them a little at a time, rather than all at once.  Sophia's hair was disheveled after playing hard outside, but she never turns down a chance to craft with me.  I love that about her.



The boys got the biggest kick out of painting the bottoms of their feet and the girls chose things that they love right now (penguins for Sophia and flamingos for Sam).



********************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...