Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Downtown Park

I had a couple of errands to run downtown this week and the boys were itching to get out of the house.  The weather was beautiful and the thought of taking a walk in the subdivision was tempting, but ... right now, the boys want to take walks with me so that they can go down to the park at the end of our road.  And that means that they want to play in the sand ... and go in the lake ... and this momma is not ready to do that yet.  The water is still a bit chilly and their whining and crying (because they don't understand) just isn't worth it.  We'll have lots of days this summer to do that.

So, I suggested that we could go to the downtown park.  There are slides and swings and lots of things to climb on, and James is now at the perfect age to begin exercising his independence. 

They both raced to the top of this double slide and I snapped a quick picture just as they were getting ready to go down.  You can tell that Jimmy is a tad hesitant here, but he loved every second of it.




I sent some pictures to Steve and he commented back that Jack was wearing his "uniform."  Yes, his beloved Michigan State shirt, ripped jeans with a chainsaw patch on the knee and tennis shoes.



Jack went down every single slide there.  Multiple times. 



James did not care for the twisty slide though.  It is encased and they bothers him.  He went down the other two slides, both with Jack and by himself quite a bit though.



I'm pretty sure that Jack was born with muscles.  He has the strength of a giant and could hang for hours.



Jimmy never stopped smiling the whole time that we were there.



And this boy too.  They were both living their best life that morning.



Brothers forever and friends for life.



I was done taking pictures for a while (and was just observing from the bench) when Jack called out to me and begged me to take his picture.  How can I resist that?!



Rock-climbing!



And look at this little man go!



And the highlight for me?  As we were walking back to the van, Jack stopped to pick me an entire bouquet of dandelions.  He's going to make a great husband some day ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...