Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sophia's Birthday Party with Friends

We celebrated Sophia's 9th birthday party with a flock of pink flamingos this year.  It seems that flamingos are everywhere and it was so easy to use them as a theme with a bunch of 3rd grade girls.




The main focus of the party was a painting project.  I did a sample painting of a flamingo ahead of time and then walked the girls through, step by step, so that they could create one of their own (that would be dry by the time the party was over).


I hired one of the neighbor girls and asked my mom to come and help too.  I wanted plenty of help when it came to mixing paint!  Oh what fun they all had!



Everyone was so focused and into details.  And I just loved seeing their creations come to life.



All lined up to dry -- each with their own little added details at the end.



After painting, the girls took a little break and enjoyed all of the goodies that I had put out by the chocolate fountain.  They gathered around and giggled with their faces full of chocolate.



We had pizza delivered -- it is so easy for me that way -- and then afterwards, the girls spent some time playing a ring toss game.  This is definitely going in the front yard this summer!



I decided on a "flamingo bingo" game early on and printed the bingo cards on my printer ahead of time.  The girls played until everyone won a prize each round (bathbombs, a flamingo bracelet and a flamingo change purse), covering their numbers with pink starbursts.  I love that idea (and they were on sale that week!) because the girls got to take all of the starbursts home with them that night.


(Her shirt was a present from Grandpa for her birthday the week before -- perfect for the occasion).

The gift bags: ready to fill with their prizes.


Afterwards, the girls headed into the living room so that they could shower Sophia with gifts.  This picture makes me chuckle because no matte how far back the girls sit from the Birthday Girl, they always end up moving closer and closer as they lean in to see all of the gifts.



These guests KNOW Sophia so well!  They gave her so many things that she loves -- just seeing that genuine look of love on her face in this picture makes me smile.

Finally, we ended the party with dessert!  Flamingo cookies, cupcakes and some starwberry glazed donuts.



The sign above the table, left over from Jimmy and Sophia's family party the weekend before, was modified by taking James' name off it.  I think that it fit just perfectly.




 Happy birthday again, Sophia! 


1 comment:

Mid-Month Randoms: Focus on Sophia and James

I went through my camera roll and decided to do a "Mid-Month Randoms" post with some of the pictures that were on the reel, and th...