Monday, February 13, 2023

Samantha's Winter Dance - SnowCo

On the same day as Jimmy's 7th birthday ... and his party with friends ... and his basketball practice/game ... Samantha attended her high school Winter Dance referred to as "SnowCo."  It is similar to the Homecoming Dance in the Fall, where the students dress up, usually go to dinner, it is open to all classes and many of them go in groups.  

Samantha's group decided to meet at our house for pictures -- which I loved because I didn't have to travel anywhere on such a busy day -- but it meant that there a few teenagers (and their moms) showing up at our house literally in the middle of hosting Jimmy's party with his friends.  

She chose her dress and shoes online and then I made some modifications to it (not as many as I did to her Homecoming dress!) to make sure that it fit her decently.  It was a very reasonable price and she was thrilled with the whole look.



Those legs, though!



I helped Sam with her hair this time and I think that it turned out just beautiful.



And of course, this girl of ours is never lacking in personality!



The group of 5 ... ready to head out to dinner at Olive Garden and then to the dance.


I am so grateful to one of the moms that graciously took this picture for me.  Just as the group was getting into position to pose for (the 1,092) pictures to be taken, one of the guests at Jimmy's party came up to me with tears streaming down his face and his finger gushing blood all over the place.  It turns out that Jimmy had encouraged the boy to stick his finger in a small pencil sharpen and then TURNED IT!  My boy -- the guest of honor at his party -- certainly made a poor choice.  Luckily, the little boy's finger was not cut too severely and I was able to get it bandaged up without too much extra drama.  Obviously I made Jimmy apologize and the boys went off to play, like nothing had happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samantha is 15!

After breakfast with her friends, I set out Samantha's gifts from us on the same table that her party favors were on.   Since I love a n...