Saturday, February 18, 2023

Valentine's Day - 2023

In the week leading up to the Holiday of Love, the boys worked on their classroom valentines.  I'm down to only two kids doing this now (I DO miss when all four of them would sit at the table and write out their classmates' names and put them together!).  

We have now upgraded to using sharpie markers -- something that I never would have allowed at the dining room table when the kids were younger:



Jimmy took his time with each one:



This year, we opted to give out Rock Candy Sticks with a tag that said, "Valentine, You Rock."



Jack was long-since done with his and Jimmy continued to work ...



Pretty soon, I invited the girls to help finish up with the ribbons while the boys moved on to other things.  I think that they miss doing classroom valentines too.



All ready to go (I later put them all in gift bags with a handle to transport to school), including some soft, fuzzy socks for their teachers.



********************

On Valentine's Day morning, the kids woke up to a simply-decorated table in the dining room and cinnamon rolls in the oven.

I put a special note next to each of their plates with one thing that I loved about each of them.  And -- Jack had gone to the Dollar Store earlier in the week and bought a piece of candy for everyone (with his own money!) and put them next to their spots at the table.



Samantha had to leave early for Jazz Band, but she took her items with her, including the big box of Andes Mints that Jack had wrapped a ribbon around.



He was even thoughtful enough to buy me my favorite candy and have it sitting out.  I absolutely love his big heart.



Later that afternoon, Jimmy dumped out his bag of loot from school and showed me each and every valentine, sorting out the candy from the cards ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...