Friday, February 16, 2024

Valentine's Day 2024

This was Jack's last year doing valentines for his friends at school, as he will be moving up to the Middle School in the Fall.  It's the ending of an era and a sad one for me.  We have always 'stepped up our game' with the valentines and passed out something other than a small piece of candy and I have loved watching the kids work on them at the dining room table.  Jimmy will still continue doing valentines for another 3 years and I plan to savor those moments while I can.

This year, I printed out stickers to put on nice-sized bags of Sour Patch Kids that read, "Valentine, you make life less sour."  



These are one of the boys' favorite kinds of candy, so it was fitting to choose those to hand out to their classmates.



When the kids came home from school later that day, I made sure to have the table all set up for each of them.  Aunt Chris sent along special bags for each of them to celebrate the holiday and I made one of everyone's FAVORITE desserts: brookies.  



Those are a combination of a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie and are completely irresistible.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Month Randoms: Focus on Sophia and James

I went through my camera roll and decided to do a "Mid-Month Randoms" post with some of the pictures that were on the reel, and th...