Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Steve!

Before Daddy got home from work yesterday (on his birthday), Sam got dressed in her "party dress" for Daddy's party. I tried to take a nice picture of her posing, but as you can see, she was having a little meltdown at the time. This meltdown was the result of her having her mind set on watching Sesame Street at that exact moment and me disagreeing in favor of the photo shoot.

(The photo shoot did not last long and immediately afterwards, all was right with the world when Mommy started a Sesame Street DVD).


A dramatic moment
I had a nice meal made for dinner as soon as Steve got home from work and we quickly ate before I had to leave for work. I promised him (and Sam) that the party would begin when I got home ... and it did, starting with cake and a candle:



Posing with the Birthday Boy
I made Angel Food cake with strawberries for Steve because he is not a big fan of desserts (unlike me who can have dessert with every meal of the day ... including breakfast!). Unbeknownst to me, Steve baked me a cake while I was at work. It was a very nice surprise and we make sure to have a little of each one during our party.

Sam L.O.V.E.D. the strawberries!
After our cake, we moved to the living room so that Steve (actually, Sam) could open his gifts and cards. From my earlier posts, you know that Sam enjoys cards so much. She loves ripping wrapping paper off gifts too ...
Helping Daddy with his cards
(Sam even got one of her own from Grammy to open)


Taking over the show and unwrapping Daddy's gifts


Showing off the new hat and the old soon-to-be-thrown-out hat
Happy Birthday, Steve! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...