Friday, March 25, 2011

Grandpa and Grandma Lapinski stopped by for a quick visit this week to see the girls and Samantha was so happy to see them!


We had a lot of company over this week and Sam never seems to tire from showing off all of her latest antics. Her vocabulary continues to grow (I don't think that there is a single word that she won't repeat) and she is getting better at stringing more and more words together into phrases. She seems to speak very clearly; occasionally there is a word that I won't understand, but she immediately uses gestures to make me comprehend.

I am so fascinated with watching her personality develop. I smile whenever she accomplishes something on her own and claps afterwards while saying, "Yea! Did it!" I love that she is eager to please (most of the time anyway) and can now follow directives when she is given them. I also cherish the fact that she can show emotion easily -- She's not afraid to tell me that she is sad and to tell me why when I ask. Likewise, she also admits when she had fun doing something (no matter how simple it may have been).

I often wonder how similar my two little girls are going to be. I have a feeling that they are going to be very different in both their personalities and in their looks. I am excited about that ... Regardless of how they change and develop and grow together, I know that they are already on the way to being good friends ... And that makes me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...