Thursday, August 18, 2011

Picking Apples

I took the girls and headed out to the orchard again this week. The new crop of apples are starting to come in, and Sam was excited to be able to pick some of them herself. We plan to make some applesause (one of many batches for the season) this weekend with our freshly-picked apples. In fact, I am going to freeze a little of it for Sophia, just as I did with some of the peaches from last week. Within the next couple of weeks, I will start introducing solids with Sophia and look forward to building up my stock of homemade baby food in the freezer for her.

Picking her first apple:



Papa's job was simply to hold the basket:



Reaching a little higher:


And one of the best parts -- We were able to get a quick "four generation picture" with my grandpa, my dad, me and both of the girls:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...